The Annual Report and Accounts provides a clear breakdown of how public money is spent by the Government of Jersey.
Read the full 2021 States of Jersey Annual Report and Accounts
Annual Report and Accounts
The Annual Report and Accounts (ARA) provide an insight into the performance of the Government of Jersey. The ARA includes:
- Performance Report, which comprises:
Remuneration and Staff Report
Primary Statements and Notes
Major and Strategic Projects
The Annual Progress Report demonstrates progress during 2021 on major and strategic programmes for Government.
A major project is defined in the Public Finances (Jersey) Law 2019 as:
- a capital project (defined as a project which results in the creation of an asset which will be held on the States of Jersey’s balance sheet) the duration of which, from start to finish, is planned to be of more than one year and the total cost of which is planned to be of more than £5 million; or
- a project that has been designated as a major project under an approved government plan
A strategic project is defined as:
- a project of significant strategic value, in that it is critical to or will have a noticeable impact to, the delivery of a strategic priority for the Government with a total cost which is planned to be more than £1 million or;
- a project which has significant cross-departmental impacts.
There are three ways to view the initiatives: