12 May 2022
Foster carers in Jersey will be publicly recognised for the dedication and quality of care that they offer this Saturday (14 May).
The Fostering and Adoption Awards ceremony will be held at the Radisson Hotel to celebrate all the work, time, and effort that goes into making a positive impact on children who need care in Jersey.
The ceremony will recognise all the employees in the Fostering and Adoption Team, including social care workers, foster parents, and children from a background in Jersey's care system.
Author Judith Denton, who grew up in foster care from the age of 9, will be the guest speaker at the event and around 110 Islanders who have been impacted by Fostering and Adoption in Jersey will attend the awards.
The award categories are:
- Long Term Foster Carer Award
- Outstanding contribution to Fostering
- Outstanding commitment to Fostering
- Specialist Short Breaks Award
- Intensive Fostering Carer Award
- Respite/Short Break Foster Carer
- Emergency Foster Care Award
- Connected Foster Carer Award
- Young Person Choice Award