Apply for funding
If your course starts in the 2021 / 22 academic year, you can apply from January 2021.
If your term dates are different to UK term dates, contact Student Finance to confirm when you should apply by.
Apply for a student finance award
Student Finance 2021/22 booklet
Student Finance Laws 2018
Deadlines for applying for funding
If your course starts anytime between January and June, you need to apply before 31 December in the year before your course starts.
If your course starts anytime between July and December, you need to apply by 31 March in the year your course starts.
Late applications after 31 March might be accepted, but any applications after 31 December in the current academic year will not be accepted.
Timeline of applying for funding
This timeline is for courses starting in the autumn.
If your course starts at any other time, you should contact us.
Student Finance checklist
To make sure your Student Finance application is processed, you need to submit the following details to the department.
First year students
For students entering their first year please make sure that all of the following details have been completed and submitted to Student Finance:
- A-Level or Level 3 results
- unconditional offer letter or email from the institute
- students bank details
- you have completed the details on the HE7 link that would have been emailed to the student
- if required, that the HE2 income statement form has been completed and returned to the department
For a continuing students please make sure that all of the following details have been completed and submitted to Student Finance:
- if required, that the HE2 income statement form has been completed
- confirmation of the students results from the previous academic year