What we do
We aim to ensure long-term financial sustainability for the island by making sure ever Jersey pound of taxpayer’s money is spent wisely and all financial implications or decisions are understood.
Our responsibilities include:
- long-term financial planning, prioritisation of investment decisions and ensuring the financial stability of the Government
- financial management, accounting reporting and compliance
- administration of the financial assets and holdings of the Government, and undertaking the Government's role as a shareholder to partner organisations
- evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes
- collection of Government revenues and ensuring compliance
Commercial Services leads on developing the market for supplying goods and services using best practice commercial models and collaborating with our supply chain to ensure value for money and innovation across commissioning and procurement. It also advises and supports in areas such as commercial negotiations and total cost of ownership modelling. It supports the One Gov vision of a Commercial organisation that is more business-like.
The function includes:
- Strategic supplier relationship management
- Other commercial activities
Jobs in Commercial Services
Find the current job opportunities in Commercial Services.