What is the Christmas Bonus?
A new, targeted Christmas Bonus has been introduced for 2016.
It is a benefit of £84.87 which will be paid in December 2016.
Who gets the Christmas Bonus?
The 2016 Christmas Bonus will be paid automatically to these groups of people:
- people aged 65 or over who, in November 2016, are:
- members of the 65+ Health Plan and / or
- receiving Income Support
- members of Income Support households who in November 2016:
- have a significant disability and receive the personal care impairment component level two or three
- are full-time informal carers and receive the carer’s component of Income Support
- people who claim long term care and who receive means-tested support with their living in November
How do I apply?
Special arrangements are in place for 2016. You don’t need to apply for the Christmas Bonus if you’re in one of the groups above.
If you're not in one of the groups above you can apply for the 65+ Health Plan.
If you apply for the 65+ Health Plan and are accepted before 1 November 2016, you will automatically receive the Christmas Bonus this year.
You can apply for the 65+ Health Plan if:
- you’re 65 or over
- you live in Jersey
- you do not pay Income Tax in Jersey
- you have less than £30,000 of assets if you are a couple, or £20,000 if you are single
If you're aged 65 or above and will not automatically receive a Christmas Bonus, you will get a letter with an application form.
Find out more about the Jersey 65+ health plan and how to apply using the link below.
Jersey 65+ health plan
How will I receive my payment?
Your 2016 Christmas Bonus will be paid directly into the bank account that your pension or your Income Support is paid into.
If you live in a care home, your Christmas bonus will be paid into the same account as your personal allowance. If you don’t get a personal allowance, we will send you an open cheque.
Payments are normally made in the first half of December.