Duty free allowances: how much you can bring in
If you are 17 or older, you can import certain goods without paying duty or GST (if the goods are not for commercial purposes). You can import any or all of the following (but only in the quantities stated):
- one litre of spirits
- four litres of wine
- 16 litres of beer or cider
- 200 cigarettes or 250g of other tobacco products
Alternative allowance: beer and wine
You can import more wine or beer if you do not bring in any spirits or tobacco goods.
You can import the following quantities of dutiable goods as an alternative to the standard duty free allowance listed above:
- 36 litres of table wine or
- 48 x 75cl bottles of wine or
- 110 litres of beer
Please note that this will not apply whenever:
- any other excise goods are imported (such as spirits or tobacco goods), or
- the amount of wine / beer imported exceeds the above alternative quantities (in which case the standard duty free allowance will be applied)
Bringing in other goods to Jersey
You can also import certain quantities of other goods, including gifts and souvenirs. The value of what you are allowed to bring in depends on the transport you arrive by.
These allowances apply to people of any age.
Arriving by commercial transport
If you arrive by commercial air or sea transport you can import:
Arriving by private transport
If you arrive by private air and sea transport you can import: