About the Children's Strategic Partnership Board (CSPB)
The Children's Strategic Partnership Board (CSPB) will support the Council of Ministers to set its vision for children in Jersey, ensuring strategic decisions are based on a collective understanding of policy and practice issues, including legislation.
The Board will provide Ministerial oversight for the achievement and progress against the outcomes identified in the
Children and Young People's Plan 2019 to 2023.
Reviewing the Children and Young People's Plan 2019 to 2023 Scoping paper
Children's Strategic Partnership Board Terms of Reference
- Minister for Children and Education (Chair)
- Minister for Health and Social Services
- Minister for Justice and Home Affairs
- Jurat representative (to be confirmed)
- Children's Voluntary Sector Cluster representative
- Children's Commissioner (Participant Observer)
- Chair, Safeguarding Partnership Board (Participant Observer)
- Chair, Care Commission (Participant Observer, Minutes Only)
Support to the Board
- Private Secretary to Minister for Children and Education (Administration)
Review of the Children's Board
The new Minister for Children and Education is currently undertaking a review of the existing Children's Board structure to ensure system partnership, oversight and assurance going forward.
Engagement workshops were held in October and November 2022. Feedback gained from key stakeholders is being used to inform the future governance structure. The new Children and Young Peoples (Jersey) Law 2022 sets out some clear parameters for the Corporate Parenting Board and these will be incorporated within this structure.
Feedback from Ministerial Children’s Boards workshop
Presentation to Ministerial Children’s Boards workshop
Board meetings will take place three times per year.