Transferring to a different primary or secondary school
If you move house and your catchment area changes, you don’t have to move your child to a different school.
However, if you want to request a transfer you should first talk to your headteacher and then complete the transfer request
online form below.
You will need copies or images of:
- proof of your address in Jersey (lease agreement / utility bill dated within the last 3 months)
- proof of your child's identity (passport or an official identity document)
- your child's birth certificate
- proof of both parent's identities (passport or an official identity document)
Request a school transfer
How and when places are allocated
Children are allocated places at their catchment school a maximum of one term before their arrival date in Jersey. If your catchment area school is full, a place will be allocated at the closest school that has a space available.
How soon your child can start school
Most children will be in school within five school days after we receive your completed admission forms and required documents.
Forms won’t be processed during school holidays when schools are closed.
School term dates and holidays
Primary to secondary school transfer
Children transfer from primary school to secondary school at the end of year 6.
- you will be sent an admissions form for secondary school when your child is in year 6 at the start of the spring term
- you can change your choice of secondary school on this form
- you must return this form to the school that sent it to you
If your child is at a private school you must ask for a year 7 admissions form. It won’t be sent to you automatically.