Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Transferring between non-fee paying schools

​​​​​Transferring to a different primary or secondary school

If you move house and your catchment area changes, you don’t have to move your child to a different school.

However, if you want to request a transfer you should first talk to your headteacher​ and then complete the transfer request online form below.

You will need copies or images of:

  • proof of your address in Jersey (lease agreement / utility bill dated within the last 3 months)
  • proof of your child's identity (passport or an official identity document)
  • your child's birth certificate
  • proof of both parent's identities (passport or an official identity document)

Request a school transfer

How and when places are allocated

Children are allocated places at their catchment school a maximum of one term before their arrival date in Jersey. If your catchment area school is full, a place will be allocated at the closest school that has a space available.

How soon your child can start school

Most children will be in school within five school days after we receive your completed admission forms and required documents.

Applications received within five days before the end of a school term will be processed in the following term.

School transfers won’t be processed during school holidays when schools are closed.

School term dates and holidays

Back to top
rating button