|Type of consultation||Green paper|
|Deadline for comments||23/07/2012|
About the consultation
The new planning guidance aims to make new planning applications compatible with the existing States’ computer-generated 3D model of St Helier.
Following consultation on the draft guidance, architects and developers would be able to submit visual representations of their plans which could then be added into the existing 3D model. By viewing proposed developments in the context of this model, the Minister, Planning Applications Panel members, planners, developers and architects would be able to make better design development decisions. It would also allow the public to make more informed comments on the future development and regeneration of the town.
The urban model project will have a number of benefits, including:
- enhancing understanding of the form of the built environment
- providing an accessible and easy way for people to assess the potential impact of development proposals and improve the consultation process
- assisting in the regeneration of St Helier
- improving the design quality of new developments
- providing a record of town development
- providing a versatile way of showcasing development in Jersey
At the end of this consultation, the draft guidance will be reviewed and amended in the light of the comments received, prior to formal adoption.
Download 3D model planning guidance (505kb)
Download 3D model consultation paper (78.8kb)
How to submit comments to the consultation
Please submit your responses:
- by using the online survey
- by email
- by post
Complete the online survey
Email Planning and Building Services
Write to us:
Policy and Projects Section
Department of the Environment
If you have any queries about the consultation please call Ralph Buchholz, Principal Planner at Planning and Building Services on + 44 (0)1534 448443.