|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||31/08/2012|
About the consultation
The Electoral Commission will consider the following areas:
- classes of States member
- constituencies and mandates
- number of States members
- terms of office
We are keen to hear what you think about the constitution of the States Assembly and are specifically interested in your views on:
- how many States members there should be
- whether we should we have Senators, Deputies and Connétables
- what their mandates should be
- what their constituencies should look like
- how long there should be between elections
The Commission hopes to finish its work by December 2012, when it will present its recommendations to the Privileges and Procedures Committee.
Download The Reform of Jersey's States Assembly consultation paper (size 370kb)
How to submit comments to the consultation
Please submit your comments by email or in writing before Friday 31 August 2012.
Write to us at:
All submissions will be published on the Electoral Commission website. If you would like your submission to remain confidential, please let us know and your request will be given full consideration.