|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||17/03/2017|
About the consultation
The Employment Forum is reviewing family friendly employment rights. This includes:
- maternity leave
- parental leave
- adoption leave
- antenatal care
- flexible working
The current employment rights can be found on the Jersey Law website.
Link to Employment (Jersey) Law 2003 on the Jersey Law website
What we want you to comment on
The Forum wants your views on possible changes which could include:
- longer periods of maternity, parental and adoption leave
- allowing a longer period of leave to be shared by two parents
- giving surrogate parents rights to leave
- time off to attend antenatal appointments for fathers and partners
- time off to attend adoption appointments for adoptive parents
- right to request flexible working for all employees, not just those with caring responsibilities
The Forum would also like to hear about:
- the impact of the current family friendly employment rights on employers and working parents
- your views about how Jersey could create a straightforward system of shared parental leave to meet the needs of local families
The Forum will combine any responses that you submit with other evidence to help decide whether any changes should be made to the rights.
The Forum can’t consult on or recommend changes to Social Security benefits.
Further information about the review
Read the short consultation paper which provides background information about the Forum's review of family friendly rights.
Download review of family friendly rights consultation paper (335kb)
How to submit comments to the consultation
You can submit your comments:
- by email
- in writing
- at a meeting with the Forum (request by email)
Complete our online survey
Email the Employment Forum
Write to us at:
P.O. Box 55
La Motte Street
For more information, call The Forum on: +44 (0) 1534 447203.
The consultation is now closed. The Employment Forum made the following recommendation to the Minister for Social Security in December 2017.
Link to the recommendation