|Type of consultation||Green paper|
|Deadline for comments||10/07/2012|
About the consultation
Transport and Technical Services (TTS) are reviewing the taxi service in Jersey.
A report has been produced which combines research into what is currently happening in Jersey, how taxi services operate elsewhere and where there is possible scope for improvement. It will inform the consultation and the review.
The main scope of the review is:
- the current situation
- the roles of the different types of taxi (rank / private hire)
- how taxis fares are set and charged
- the experience of passengers
- taxi practice elsewhere in the world
- changes in demand for taxis and new opportunities
- new technology and its potential to change the industry
- how taxis can be best regulated to provide good public service in the future
Most people in the Island take a taxi from time to time, so as customers your views are important in shaping what you want for the future.
Please read either the full report or the short briefing paper and let us know what you think.
Download Future of Taxis Short Briefing Paper (size 2 mb)
Download The Taxi Regulatory Reform Report part 1 (size 2mb)
Download The Taxi Regulatory Reform Report part 2 Appendices (size 3mb)
How to submit comments to the consultation
This consultation is now closed. The final recommendations report is now available for you to view.
Taxi Regulatory Reform - final recommendations