|Department||Customer and Local Services|
|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||17/08/2012|
About the consultation
The purpose of this consultation is to hear your views on what rate the minimum wage should be set at from April 2013 and April 2014.
We would particularly like to hear from you if:
- you run a businesses that employs staff at the minimum wage (£6.48 per hour)
- you are an employee who is paid at, or around, the minimum wage
We would also like to know what you think about the criteria that permit the payment of the trainee rate. The trainee rate (£4.86 per hour) may be paid for up to 1 year where an employer is providing specific types of training.
We'd like to know:
- whether you have paid or received the trainee rate
- what types of certified and / or in-house training should permit an employer to pay the trainee rate
- what maximum length of time the trainee rate should be payable for
How to submit comments to the consultation
This consultation is now closed.