|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||28/08/2015|
|Responses publish date||18/09/2015|
About the consultation
We would like to hear your views on Waitrose leasing the upper level of Red Houses car park in St Brelade from Transport and Technical Services (TTS).
The car park is currently a paycard area (one unit per hour) and you can stay all day.
As part of the agreement:
- Waitrose would lease 40 parking spaces
- these spaces would be available to the public as free, one hour disc parking
- they would not be used by Waitrose staff
- seven spaces for all day and season ticket parking would be kept by TTS
- TTS would still carry out the policing, enforcement and administration of the car park
Waitrose also proposes to provide disabled access to the car park and improved road crossing in Route Orange. However, this is subject to a planning application and any comments on this should be submitted through the planning application process.
The Co-op has leased the lower level of the car park since 2001. They release these spaces for free one hour disc parking in a similar way to the Waitrose proposal.
Car park research and figures
Recent research has shown that:
- there are only about two vehicles that stay all day
- the upper level of the car park is on average only 15% full
How to submit comments to the consultation
We publish consultation submissions online. If you do not want your details to be published, state this clearly in writing when you submit your response.
You can submit your comments by email or in writing.
Email Transport and Technical Services
Red Houses Car Park Consultation
Transport and Technical Services
PO Box 412
A summary of the comments received and final decisions will be published within three months of the consultation closing.