|Department||Non-executives and legal departments|
|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||14/07/2014|
About the consultation
The States Members Remuneration Review Body would like to hear your views on the amount of remuneration received by elected members of the States of Jersey.
At the moment States members receive remuneration of £46,600 per annum.
The Review Body would like to hear your views on:
- whether the current amount of remuneration is too high, too low or about right
- whether there are other role(s) in the Island’s economy that could be regarded as comparable with the role of a States member
- whether members should continue to receive an element of tax free remuneration to cover expenses
- whether there is a case for differentiating among States members for remuneration purposes on the basis of role and responsibility
- whether a pension provision should be made available to States members
How to submit comments to the consultation
This consultation is now closed.
Responses to the consultation
You can find the summary of responses to the consultation below.
Download summary of responses to the States members' remuneration 2015 to 2018 consultation (size 504kb)