04 April 2022
Get Britain Standing is a UK campaign to increase awareness and education of the dangers of sedentary working and prolonged sitting time.
Regular minor movement whilst at work is essential for us to:
- keep our bodies healthy
- prevent illness and relieve stress
- make us more productive
The On Your Feet Britain Challenge encourages you to convert sitting time to standing time. It’s easier than you think:
- stand during phone calls
- stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes
- use the stairs
- have standing or walking meetings
- eat your lunch away from your desk
- walk to your colleague's desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- stand at the back of the room during presentations
Take part in an awareness day where office workers unite together and participate in a variety of activities to sit less and move more at work.
It is free to sign up and download posters and guidelines.
Register for On Your Feet Britain Challenge
Download posters from On Your Feet Britain website