Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Photo of gold wedding ring placed on open bookPhoto of gold wedding ring placed on open book

Choosing your celebrant

Your celebrant must be:

  • authorised to solemnise a marriage or civil partnership people in Jersey
  • included on the list of authorised celebrants below

When you book your celebrant you need to pay them directly, this an additional fee to your application to get married or form a Civil Partnership.

Celebrants are self employed but are authorised and regulated by the Superintendent Registrar, they charge different rates and offer a range of services.

What your celebrant must do

Before your marriage or civil partnership ceremony

All civil and religious celebrants must publish their fees.

Your Authorised Civil Celebrant must agree the form and content of your ceremony with you before your wedding or civil partnership day. They must make sure it complies with the law.

Your celebrant needs to collect all documents and certificates that must be signed during your ceremony from the Office of the Superintendent Registrar.

On the day of your ceremony

When performing your marriage or civil partnership, all civil and religious celebrants must:

  • be at your ceremony location at least one hour before the ceremony and throughout the ceremony
  • ensure that no food and drink is consumed at the ceremony location for one hour before the ceremony, until the end of the ceremony
  • ensure that the ceremony takes place within the boundaries of the approved location, as set out in the register of approved locations, and is separate from other unrelated activities (for example, if the ceremony is in a room in a hotel, caterers can’t set up tables in the same room whilst the ceremony is taking place)
  • ensure the marriage or civil partnership display notice is in place least one hour before the ceremony and throughout the ceremony

After your ceremony

You will be given 2 copies of your marriage or civil partnership certificate to take away with you. Your celebrant will return all other documents to us which will be entered into the Island's records.

Copy certificates

Make a complaint about your celebrant

You can make a complaint by writing to us. Celebrants are regulated by the Superintendent Registrar. We cannot make a celebrant refund you. However, we may remove the celebrant’s authorisation to perform marriage in Jersey.

Marriage or civil partnership celebrants

You can find all authorised marriage or civil partnership celebrants and their contact details below:

Back to top
rating button