The guidelines outline the standards against which all appointments should be made.
These standards are:
- appointment on merit must be the overriding principle governing the appointments process. Applicants must be considered equally on merit at each stage of the selection process
- the principles of equal opportunity and diversity much be inherent within the process
- each role will be advertised in such a way to encourage applicants from all sectors and groups, especially those who are under-represented at senior levels within public service
- every prospective applicant must be given equal and reasonable access to adequate information about the job and its requirements and about the selection process
- selection techniques must be reliable and guard against bias and be in line with discrimination legislation
- selection must be based on robust object criteria applied consistently to all candidates
- the application of the appointment process must be transparent. All stages of the process should be documented and the information be readily available for audit
- personal information about applicants and panel members must remain confidential, unless the individual concerned gives permission for its release
- data protection leglislation must be considered in relation to all recorded information
Jersey Appointments Commission recruitment guidelines
Jersey Appointments Commission selection guidelines
If you need any further help, contact the secretary to the Appointments Commission, Jane Pollard.
Email Jane Pollard