The Cabinet Office supports the effective running of the Government which includes:
- development of good policy
- delivery of corporate functions
- ensuring good governance and communications
- the delivery of the Council of Ministers' agenda
It brings together 3 directorates that used to be separate departments:
The Cabinet Office support the Council of Ministers under the leadership of the Chief Minister.
Council of Ministers
Cabinet Office leadership
Andrew McLaughlin is the interim Chief Executive Officer and Head of the Public Service. He's also the Principal Accounting Officer under the Public Finances Law.
The Chief Executive is supported by 2 Chief Officers designated as Assistant Chief Executives to assist:
- the Treasurer of the States
- the Chief Officer, People, Policy and Digital
Consultation is under way on the senior leadership structure of the Cabinet Office and future changes will be reflected on this page.