Registered Actively Seeking Work First Quarter 2022
Produced by the
Statistics Jersey (Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance)
and published on
13 Apr 2022
Prepared internally, no external cost
The registered unemployment report for the first quarter 2022 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 31 March 2022
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 120 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 590 lower compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 720, this total is 90 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 600 lower compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (400 individuals) than males (310 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 270, this total is 50 lower when compared with the previous quarter and 180 lower compared with a year earlier
- of the 720 people registered as ASW, 250 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 120 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW