About the Help2Quit service
You're 3 times more likely to stop smoking for good using the Help2Quit service, than if you go it alone.
The Stop Smoking Service:
- offers free support to anyone living in Jersey who wants to stop smoking
- is a confidential and friendly service
- supplies free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
The service is currently delivered from Maison Le Pape, opposite Jersey General Hospital. If you are unable to attend owing to mobility problems, we may be able to visit you at home.
How to make an appointment
If you want to give up smoking:
- email the Help2Quit team
- call the Help2Quit freephone number on 0800 735 1155 and leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible
Your Help2Quit support programme
Once you've made contact with the service, your stop smoking programme will consist of:
- an initial assessment appointment
- weekly support sessions
- free supply of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) for clients who attend the support sessions
If you've used the Help2Quit service before but you've started smoking again, you are welcome to use the service again.
What happens at your first appointment
You'll meet a trained Stop Smoking Specialist Nurse who will:
- assess your level of addiction by asking some questions about your smoking history
- test your exposure to carbon monoxide using a simple breath test (carbon monoxide is one of the harmful chemicals found in cigarette smoke)
- advise you on the best methods to help you quit
- offer support in setting a date to quit smoking
- give advice on different stop smoking medicines
- supply nicotine replacement therapy free of charge if appropriate
This service is offered by Stop Smoking Nurse Specialists who support all Islanders to quit smoking. If you wish to use an e-cigarette (vape) to quit smoking you are also welcome to use the service.