Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Queen Alexandra hospital in Portsmouth

​​​​​​About Queen Alexandra​ hospital​

Queen Alexandra hospi​tal is a teaching hospital and a medical research unit. 

You can find out more about the hospital on their website. 

Queen Alexandra hospital website​

Getting to Queen Alexandra hospital​

You can:

  1. fly to Southampton airport 
  2. walk 100 meters to Airport Parkway rail station
  3. get the train to Cosham via Southampton (30 minutes) or Havant (40 minutes)
  4. exit the train station and either get a taxi or walk to the hospital (approximately 15 minutes uphill, so it isn't suitable for those less agile)

Arriving at Queen Alexandr​​a hospital​​

Your appointment letter will state the date, time and where you need to go to. ​​

When you arrive, check in at the reception desk. 

The nurse or ward clerk will explain what you have to do next. 

Your care​​​

Your consultant and a qualified nurse will be responsible for your care. 

Queen Alexandra is a teaching hospital​, so medical students will be with your consultant. 

The hospital will keep your nominated contact person ​informed with how you're doing. 

​Leaving the hospital​​

If you have booked your travel through the Travel Office, the hospital will contact us and arrange your travel home. 

If you have booked travel on your own, you will need to make your own arrangements to get back to Jersey. 

If you're transferred straight back to Jersey hospital, the consultant will let us know and we'll make travel arrangements. 


If you need an interpreter or a signer, tell the ward clerk when you arrive​. ​

Back to top
rating button