All working activities are covered by the Health and Safety at Work (Jersey) Law 1989 and depending on the type of work being carried out, may also be subject to Regulations and / or Approved Codes of Practice.
As a general guide, if you are an employer, then you must ensure that the health and safety of your employees and others, such as members of the public, is not affected by your working activities.
You must provide your employees with:
- safe plant and safe systems of work
- sufficient information and instruction
- sufficient training and supervision
- a safe working environment
- adequate welfare arrangements and facilities on site
Failure to comply with your legal duties may result in enforcement action being taken against you.
For further guidance, refer to health and safety in the work place: a general guide.
Health and safety in the workplace: a general guide