About the International Cultural Centre
Action 18 of the Council of Minister's 100 Day Plan was to "put in place a plan to open a Cultural Centre, celebrating our cultural identities and bringing Islanders together."
The International Cultural Centre Jersey (ICCJ) celebrates the richness of Jersey’s cultural diversity. It also helps meet the challenges involved in building a strong community, where everyone feels they belong and can contribute.
The ICCJ focuses on 3 areas which aim to:
- support a range of local and international cultural celebrations
- offer information and support for Islanders who have cultural backgrounds outside of Jersey
- speak to communities to learn more about the barriers to integration and how we can overcome them
The ICCJ headquarters and staff are based at Jersey Library and its work is overseen by the International Cultural Centre Steering Group.
This year, the International Cultural Centre will celebrate:
|Corn Riots Harvest Festival||September|
|Black History Month||October|
|Polish Independence Day||November|
|Romanian Great Union Day||December|
The ICCJ will run a range of projects and workshops throughout the year, and more information will be available online. All Islanders are welcome to get involved in the ICCJ by:
- joining the celebrations going on throughout the year
- taking part in workshops and projects to share their own cultural background, and views on making Jersey their home
- contacting the team by email at email@example.com