Family friendly amendments to Jersey's employment legislation were introduced in October 2019 and the Government of Jersey launched an Interim Parental Payment Scheme (IPPS) in June 2020 (the scheme ended on 31 December 2020).
The new measures include:
- new entitlements for birth mothers in relation to pregnancy and breastfeeding
- an entitlement for both parents of 52 weeks of leave following the birth of their baby
- for the second parent, an increase in paid parental leave from 2 weeks to 6 weeks
- the same benefits introduced for adoptive and surrogate parents
- new entitlements to time off for ante-natal or pre-adoptive appointments
For more information on these new family friendly rights and the effect of the changes to the Employment Law, visit the Jersey Advisory and Conciliation Service (JACS) website.