The Government of Jersey is introducing important new family friendly employment legislation.
The new measures being introduced from 28 June 2020 include:
- new entitlements for birth mothers in relation to pregnancy and breastfeeding
and from 5 July:
- an entitlement for both parents of 52 weeks of leave following the birth of their baby
- for the second parent, an increase in paid parental leave from 2 weeks to 6 weeks
- the same benefits introduced for adoptive and surrogate parents
- new entitlements to time off for ante-natal or pre-adoptive appointments
For more information on these new family friendly rights and the effect of the changes to the Employment Law, visit the
Jersey Advisory and Conciliation Service (JACS) website.
Support for employers
Interim Parental Payment Scheme (IPPS) will provide subsidy payments to employers when their staff decide to take their paid parental leave entitlement under the new family friendly legislation.