26 August 2011
The Minister for Transport and Technical Services, Connétable Mike Jackson, is proposing changes to bus timetables from 2 October 2011.
Key proposed changes are:
- a rescheduling of routes serving St Clement, Grouville and Gorey Pier
- evening journeys on services 9, 25 and 27
- Friday and Saturday late buses for Portelet and St Brelades Bay on service 12
- Sunday services to St Peter and St Ouen on service 9
- streamlined 12 and 12A timetable with more regular daytime departures
- service 26 to travel via Beaumont and St Peter during December, January and February
- extra commuter journeys on services 1, 3A, 8, 18, 23, 25 and 27
Connétable Mike Jackson, said: "Passenger numbers on the bus network have continued to rise during 2011 and my aim is to enhance services where people have indicated that there is a need. I am proposing extra early morning, late evening and Sunday journeys on many services, and I hope that these will be well received by the travelling public."
We are continually improving the bus network, and I believe that these proposals will be favourably received by passengers. I would like members of the public to let me know what they think of these timetable alterations, and I invite them to contact me over the next 2 weeks with their views."
Comments are requested before Friday 9 September 2011.