19 September 2011
The Minister for Transport and Technical Services has confirmed the bus routes and timetables that will operate from 2 October 2011.
Following consultation, the majority of proposed changes will be implemented as planned, with the exception being a revision to the service 3 departure at 5.20pm, which will now depart from St Helier 5 minutes later.
The Minister for Transport and Technical Services, Constable Mike Jackson, said: "I have listened to the passenger feedback received whilst the summer timetable has been in operation, and I am pleased to be able to include a number of suggested changes in the winter 2011-2012 schedules. In particular, services to St Clement and Grouville have been streamlined so that passengers travelling to the St Clement Inner Road no longer have to travel via Longueville and Grouville Station first."
He continued: "Another example where comments from the public have led to an alteration being made, concerns the first morning journey from Rozel, which is being reversed in direction so that the bus calls at St Martin’s Arsenal first. I am aware that passengers want a better level of service in the evenings, so this winter, late journeys to St Mary, St John, St Lawrence, St Ouen and St Brelade’s Bay will operate, as well as the established departures on services 1, 3 and 15."
Other key changes are:
- service 26 to travel via Beaumont and St Peter’s Village during December, January and February
- new earlier weekday journey to St Helier from Gorey Pier at 6.25am
- Sunday services to St Peter and St Ouen on service 9
- service 1B re-numbered to 2; with new timetable featuring: early buses from St Helier to Rue des Pres Trading Estate at 6am and 6.25am; morning and evening peak period journeys
- realigned 12 and 12A timetable with more regular daytime departures and all 12A journeys serving Portelet, St Brelade’s Bay and Corbiere
- an additional journey to Bouley Bay on service 4
- extra weekday peak period journeys on services 1, 3A, 8, 18, 23, 25 and 27
New timetables will be available shortly from Connex at Liberation Station and on the mybus website.
From Monday 3 October, some school bus services will also change. Previous routes 221, 227, 333 and 334 serving Grainville and Haute Vallee will be replaced with the following new services:
- 50 – Liberation Station, Grenville Street, St Saviour’s Road, Grands Vaux, Langley Avenue, Grainville
- 53 – Sion, Hautes Croix, Trinity Church, St Martin’s Public Hall, Maufant, Five Oaks, Grainville
- 57 – St John Shops, Carrefour Selous, Mont Felard, First Tower, Haute Vallee (am only), Springfield, Grainville
The school day journeys on services 19 and 23 included in the summer 2011 Mybus timetable will stop operating from this date, with additional school day journeys operating on the following services:
- 4 – Trinity Church, Grands Vaux, Springfield, St Saviour's Road, Liberation Station, Haute Vallee
- 27 (pm only) – Haute Vallee, Rouge Bouillon, Liberation Station, First Tower, Mont Felard, Carrefour Selous, St John Shops
Full timetables for all services are available from school offices or online - www.gov.je/schoolbus