17 January 2012
The Minister for Transport and Technical Services has agreed to changes to speed limits in certain areas following requests from parish authorities.
From Friday 20 January, the speed limits are being lowered from 40mph to 30mph on the following roads or sections of roads:
- in St Clement, on La Grande Route de St Clement - the section between Le Hocq Lane and the Parish Church
- in St Helier and Trinity - the section of La Grande Route de St Jean from just north of the St Helier Parish Depot to the existing Sion Village 30mph speed limit
- in St Lawrence - all the roads making up the Carrefour Selous built up area including a section of La Grande Route de St Laurent
- in St Peter - La Grande Route de St Pierre from the northern limit of the existing 20mph past Marks and Spencer as far as the junction with Rue des Pointe
- in St Brelade - the remaining section of Mont les Vaux, the length of Route de St Brelade, and a 40m section of Route de Genet to include Woodbine corner, as well as Pont du Val and most of La Route de Francfief
Speed limit signs will be in place to advise people of the changes.
The Minister for Transport and Technical Services, Deputy Kevin Lewis, said “I have made these law changes following advice from the parishes that the speed of traffic in these areas was causing road safety concerns. Safety is one of my key priorities and these changes should reduce the risks.”