17 September 2013
A much improved autumn / winter bus service will be provided this year as compared to last. The changes will come into effect from 30 September.
Service levels are in many cases enhanced compared to previous autumn and winter seasons, with a number of bus routes benefiting from similar frequencies to the summer season and a service on Sundays.
Proposed changes were recently put forward for consultation and a good response from members of the public was received. LibertyBus will be operating the autumn and winter season timetable between 30 September 2013 and 29 March 2014, when service changes for the spring season will take place.
Main changes to the bus network are as follows:
- Service 1: Daytime frequency will be every 20 minutes, compared to every 30 minutes from autumn 2012. On Sundays, the daytime frequency will be more than double that of autumn 2012, with a departure every 30 minutes
- Service 1A: Daytime buses every 60 minutes and extended to Gorey Pier. Buses will continue to operate on Sundays throughout the autumn/winter season
- Service 2: Daytime buses every 60 minutes. Buses will continue to operate on Sundays throughout the autumn/winter season
- Service 3: Revised timetable and route – buses travel through Rozel to Durrell, then via St Martin’s Public Hall and towards St Helier
- Service 4A: New route operating Sunday services to Trinity, Bouley Bay and Durrell
- Service 9: One early morning peak journey extended to serve L’Etacq before calling at St Ouen’s Village
- Service 12: Revised timetable with extra journeys and a Sunday service from 10 November
- Service 12A: Revised timetable with more direct route between St Aubin and St Brelade’s Bay. A Sunday service (calling at Portelet) will operate until 3 November and a Monday to Saturday morning peak journey from L’Etacq is replaced by departures on services 9 and 12
- Service 13: Revised timetable and route – operates via St Saviour’s Hill instead of Mont Millais, with buses travelling to Rozel after Durrell then towards St Helier
- Service 19: A new route number for the western section of service 20, with bus times unchanged and through journeys maintained
- Service 20: Will operate to the current timetable on the eastern section, with buses continuing westwards as service 19
- Services 25 and 27: The section between St John’s Church and Les Fontaines will not operate from 30 September (affects 3 peak time journeys). Additional departures on Sundays
- Service 28: Six return journeys will operate until 3 November
There will also be a change to services returning from the east and north-east, which will take a more direct route back to Liberation Station between 4pm and 6pm on weekdays. The relevant services are 1, 1A, 2, 3, 13 and 21, and the journeys in question will omit the Grenville Street and Snow Hill Bus stops, which will continue to be served during this period by service 16.
Additionally, temporary timetables will be published in respect of major scheduled roadworks on Rue a Don in Grouville, initially affecting service 2 and later also services 1 and 1A.
Deputy Kevin Lewis, the Minister for Transport and Technical Services, said: “The autumn and winter timetable this year contains more bus departures than ever before. I am particularly pleased that Sunday services will be operating this autumn and winter to most parts of Jersey, many of which have historically not been served by Sunday buses during this period of the year, and I am sure these will be well received by the travelling public.”
He continued “I am also delighted that LibertyBus will again be operating service 15 at a daytime frequency of every 20 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays and 30 minutes on Sundays. This represents a significant increase in frequency and capacity compared to one year ago, and as passenger numbers grow, investment in other bus services will take place which will enable frequencies and hours of operation to be enhanced in the future.”
Timetables will be available online at www.libertybus.je
and at Liberation Station during the week before the new schedules take effect.