15 August 2013
The House Price Index report for the second quarter of 2013 has been released by the Statistics Unit.
The latest report shows that:
- the mix-adjusted average price of dwellings sold in Jersey in Q2 2013 was:
- 4% lower than in the previous quarter (Q1 2013)
- 6% lower than in the corresponding quarter of 2012
- at the lowest level recorded for more than five years
- the latest quarterly fall in the Jersey House Price Index was driven by decreases in the mean prices of one bedroom flats and two and four bedroom houses
- the mean price of three bedroom houses sold in Q2 2013 was the lowest recorded for more than five years
- the turnover of properties in Q2 2013 was 43% greater than in the previous quarter (Q1 2013) but was 10% lower than in the corresponding quarter of 2012
The average cost of dwellings in Jersey is measured by the Jersey House Price Index. This index measures the combined weighted average price of one and two-bedroom flats and two, three and four bedroom houses.