03 September 2013
Transport and Technical Services will start a six month project to resurface Rue a Don, the road from Rue des Pres Trading Estate to Gorey Village main road, on Wednesday 18 September 2013.
The project, which finishes in April 2014, has been divided into four sections but will be carried out as three schemes in the following order:
- section 2 from Rue de Radier to Grouville School starting on 18 September 2013 to mid-November 2013
- section 1 from Rue des Pres Trading Estate to Rue de Radier starting in mid-November 2013 to January 2014
- sections 3 and 4 from Grouville School to Gorey Village Main Road starting in January 2014 to April 2014
Roads will be closed Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm while work is carried out. Some evening or weekend work may be needed, but this will be kept to a minimum.
Diversion routes will be signposted as follows:
- La Grande Route de St Clement for closures between La Rue des Pres Trading Estate and the junction with La Rue de Ville Es Renauds;
- La Rue du Boulivot, La Route de la Francheville, La Route de la Hougue Bie, La Rue d’Aval and Le Mont Gabard for closures between the junction with La Rue de la Ville Es Renauds and Gorey Village Main Road.
Signage will be installed at the beginning and end of each section of road closure. Access will be maintained to properties and businesses along the resurfacing route and the details will be arranged with the property or business owners when the contractors are on site.
The road resurfacing works have been coordinated to follow the Jersey Electricity Company’s (JEC) infrastructure reinforcement works.
During the final part of the project, TTS will be buildingconstructing traffic calming between Grouville School and Lavender Villas. The scheme will include widening the pavement to connect the existing cycle path that runs alongside the common to Grouville School. In order to create the space for the widened footway, the junction of Rue a Don and Rue de Ville Es Renauds will become a mini-roundabout.