22 April 2013
Islanders are being asked for their views on proposed changes to the summer bus timetable.
LibertyBus and the Minister for Transport and Technical Services have put forward changes which, subject to public comment, will come into effect on 27 May 2013.
As in previous years, a number of services will be enhanced for the peak summer period with higher frequencies, extended hours of operation, and improved Sunday services.
For 2013, further improvements are proposed on several key routes:
- 1: more daytime buses; on Mondays to Saturdays, buses will operate every 20 minutes instead of every 30; Sunday service every 30 minutes
- 1A and 23: will both run hourly, so there is a combined 30 minute frequency on the St Clement Inner Road
- 4: for the first time a Sunday service will operate with four scheduled departures to Bonne Nuit and Bouley Bay
- 8 and 9: extra peak time commuter journeys to and from St Ouen’s Village, with route extensions to Plemont on service 8 (Monday to Saturday) and 9 (Sunday)
- 25: one morning and one evening peak period journey extended to serve Les Fontaines Car Park, so a ‘park-and-ride’ initiative can be trialled.
This timetable will be in effect until Sunday 29 September.
Minister for Transport and Technical Services, Deputy Kevin Lewis, said “These changes will significantly enhance the public transport network during Jersey’s busy summer season. I am especially delighted that the important Route 1 will operate more frequently, benefiting the many residents who live on the route, and our visitors who can relax aboard the comfortable buses and enjoy the beautiful coastline.
“I want to encourage members of the public to contact LibertyBus over the next two weeks with their views on these proposals.”
LibertyBus would also like to invite customers to give their views at public meetings on:
- Monday 22 April at the Town Hall at 1pm
- Tuesday 30 April at St Bernadette’s Church, St Brelade at 6.30pm (revised date*)
- Monday 29 April at St Martin’s Public Hall at 6.30pm
The deadline for comments is Friday 3 May 2013.