17 November 2015
Parents are being reminded that they must return their application form to their catchment primary school by 30 November 2015 if they would like a place for their child in a States’ primary school.
Catchment schools can be found via the map available on this site. Parents can also contact their local primary school or the Education, Sport & Culture department to confirm their catchment school.
Application forms for parents who have not previously registered are available from the page below
Applying for a school
Parents may request up to three schools in order of preference. If a school is oversubscribed priority will be given to children who:
- have a Special Educational Need and must access a specific school
- have a brother or sister in the school (reception - Y5)
- are living in the primary school catchment area
- are living in the secondary school catchment area
- have a brother or sister in the school (Y6)
- have other requests supported by a good educational reason for attending a non-catchment school
If applications are received after the 30 November deadline, the first choice of school may no longer be available. If the school is already full, every effort will be made to offer a place at the parents’ second choice school.
Primary schools will write to all parents in January 2015 to offer places. Parents are asked to inform the school if, at any time, they no longer need the place they have been offered.
To avoid duplication, parents will not be offered a place in a States’ primary school if they have registered for a place in a fee-paying school.