28 December 2017
The Minister for the Environment has agreed fee increases for the department’s services for 2018.
Some department fees and charges won’t change, with others increasing by up to 2.5%, below the 3.1% annual percentage change in the Retail Price Index (RPI) in September 2017.
The increases are in line with States guidance and will allow the Department of the Environment to achieve cost recovery of some services and meet Medium Term Financial Plan 2016 to 2019 commitments.
The changes will come into force on January 1, 2018.
Planning and building application charges
Building application fee schedule
Planning application fee schedule
- Endangered Species – approximately 2.5% increase
- Environmental Health – no change
- Mapping – approximately 2.5% increase
- Met Office – no change
- Plant Health Laboratory – no change
- Plant Health Field Inspections – approximately 2.5% increase
- Sea Fisheries – approximately 2.5% increase
- Veterinary Services - approximately 2.5% increase
- Water Resources – no change
- Waste Management – approximately 2.5% increase