06 November 2018
Application forms are being sent today to all parents who registered for a States’ school place for September 2019.
To have the best chance of getting a place at their first choice school, parents need to return the form to their catchment school by Friday 3 December 2018.
Parents can find out their catchment school by:
- looking at the online map
- contacting their local primary school
- contacting the Department for Children, Young People, Education and Skills on +44(0)1534 445504
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents may request up to three schools in order of choice. .
If a school is oversubscribed, priority will be given, in the order below, to children who:
- have a Special Educational Need and must access a specific school
- have brothers or sisters in the school (in reception to year 5)
- are living in the primary school catchment area
- are living in the secondary school catchment area
- have siblings in the school (in year 6)
- have other requests supported by a good educational reason for attending a non-catchment school.
Primary schools will write to all parents at the end of January 2019 to offer places.
Parents are asked to inform the school if they no longer need the place they have been offered.
Parents will not be offered a place in a States’ primary school if they have registered for a place in a fee-paying school. This is so that parents who need a States’ school place have the best chance of getting a place at their chosen school.