06 December 2018
The 2018 report on the Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey has been released today by Statistics Jersey.
Over 1,000 households took part in the random survey which collects information on the behaviours and opinions of Islanders.
Survey topics for 2018 included views on:
- living in Jersey (satisfaction with where you live, loneliness, wellbeing, transport)
- housing (including parking and energy use)
- voting in May's general election
- getting involved (charity, arts and culture, confidence in local institutions)
- health (including smoking and drinking)
- personal tax in Jersey
- skills and careers
- facilities (Acorn reuse centre, pay by phone parking app)
- crime and policing
The survey was run independently by Statistics Jersey, with individual States departments requesting specific topic areas to be included. The results allow everyone in the Island to have a better understanding of social issues, and help in government decision-making.
This survey was formerly known as the Jersey Annual Social Survey, which has been run since 2005 and was renamed in 2016.
Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey report 2018