09 October 2019
The registered unemployment report for the third quarter of 2019 has been released by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 30 September 2019
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was:
- 30 lower than at the end of the previous quarter
- 50 lower than at the end of the corresponding quarter in 2018 (Q3 2018)
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 920; this total is 100 higher than at the end of the previous quarter but 50 lower when compared to a year earlier
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 240; this total is 40 higher when compared to the previous quarter and 40 higher than a year earlier
- there were 290 individuals registered as ASW but engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 100 individuals also classified as long-term ASW
Registered Actively Seeking Work, third quarter 2019