16 October 2020
Statistics Jersey have today published their latest economic indicators report. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic it is important for key economic information to be available in a timely manner, to inform decision makers, businesses and members of the public.
After this latest report, Statistics Jersey will move to producing this report on a monthly basis. We aim to publish the next report, relating to figures up to the end of October 2020, in early November 2020.
On 11 October 2020
- the total number of people registered as ASW was 1,540; this total is 40 lower than a week earlier and 650 higher than at the end of the comparable week a year earlier (13 October 2019)
- a greater number of females (870 individuals) than males (670 individuals) were registered as ASW
- there were 6,150 active Income Support claims, 30 lower compared with 4 October 2020, and 570 more than a year earlier (30 September 2019). This latest number of claims provided support for:
- 7,820 adults
- 3,160 children
- under Phase Two of the Government Co-Funded Payroll Scheme almost £78.6 million had been paid out for a total 13,610 claims from April, May, June, July and August 2020
- under Phase Three of the Government Co-Funded Payroll Scheme almost £2.7 million had been paid out for a total 740 claims from September 2020
- public transport usage increased (by 5%) compared with the previous week
On 9 October 2020
- there were 21 residential properties transacted through the Royal Court, 16 of which were eligible to be included in the Jersey House Price Index