13 May 2021
COVID-19 vaccination appointment dates for all remaining priority groups in Phase 2 of the Programme are now published, with appointments for 30-34 year olds starting this weekend.
The remaining Phase 2 vaccination dates are:
- 30-34 year olds: bookings open on Friday, 14 May and appointments start on Saturday, 15 May
- 25-29 year olds: bookings open on Friday, 4 June and appointments start on Saturday, 5 June
- 18-24 year olds: bookings open on Friday, 18 June and appointments start on Saturday, 19 June
Head of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, Becky Sherrington, said: "As we open up appointments to the younger age groups, we are seeing consistent levels of vaccination uptake, which is extremely encouraging.
"Last week, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation advised that, as a precautionary measure, people under the age of 40 with no underlying health conditions should be offered an alternative vaccine to Oxford-AstraZeneca.
"This change of advice from the JCVI is a positive and reassuring step for younger people receiving the vaccine but it has had a small impact on our vaccination schedule for the remainder of the programme. This means that appointments for everyone under the age of 30 years old will now open in June. However, we will have offered everyone over the age of 18 both doses of the vaccine by mid-August 2021.
"I'd once again like to reiterate the importance of younger people attending for their vaccination as soon as they are eligible, to not delay booking. Although COVID-19 in younger adults is usually milder than in adults, you can get unwell and have complications or long-lasting symptoms that affect your health and well-being. The team look forward to seeing you all at Fort Regent very soon."
Minister for Health and Social Services, Deputy Richard Renouf, said: "I continue to be incredibly encouraged by the progress we are making with our vaccination programme. We are very fortunate to have a team of hard-working experts behind our programme, and I would like to thank all the staff who are working so hard to vaccinate everyone against COVID-19.
"I would also like to thank everyone who has attended for their vaccination. The stats are increasing week on week as we work through Phase 2 of the programme. Data that we have published today shows that 44% of the adult population are now fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and our rates are comparable to that of the UK."
The latest vaccination statistics, up to Sunday 9 May, show:
- 62% of the adult resident population aged 18 years and over have been administered a first dose
- 44% of the adult resident population have been fully vaccinated
- Approximately 100% of those aged over 80 years, 95% of 75-79 year olds and 93% of 70-74 year olds have received their second doses of the vaccine
- 1,872 (86%) of people are who clinically extremely vulnerable (16-69 years) have received a first dose of the vaccine
The full vaccination priority report can be found at gov.je/vaccine