18 February 2021
The Energy Trends report for 2019 has been published today by Statistics Jersey. The Energy Trends report looks at the supply and use of various fuels such as electricity, gas and petroleum products. It also focuses on changes over time.
Summary for 2019
Almost all of Jersey’s energy supply was imported; about 2% was produced on Island as electricity generated by the Energy Recovery Facility and solar panels.
Petroleum products accounted for almost two thirds (62%) of Jersey’s energy supply; electricity (imported and on-Island generated) accounted for the remainder (38%).
Jersey’s total primary energy supply (TPES) was 2% less than in 2018.
Total final energy consumption (FEC) was 2% lower than in 2018.
Energy consumption per head of resident population was 1.4 toe and was below that of the UK (2.1 toe).
Of total energy used, more than a third (38%) was by households, a similar proportion (33%) for transportation (predominantly road) and over a quarter (29%) by industry and government.