18 August 2022
The house price report for the second quarter 2022 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
The Jersey House Price Index measures the combined average price of 1- and 2-bedroom flats together with 2-, 3- and 4-bedroom houses. The index includes properties transacted through the Royal Court as well as share transfer properties.
In the second quarter of 2022:
- on a rolling four-quarter basis, the mix-adjusted average price of dwellings sold in Jersey during the year ending Q2 2022 was 2% higher when compared with the previous quarter (year ending Q1 2022)
- on a quarterly basis:
- the seasonally adjusted mix-adjusted average price was 6% higher compared with the previous quarter and 10% higher than in the corresponding quarter of 2021 (Q2 2021)
- 3- bedroom houses saw their mean price decrease compared to the previous quarter
- all other property types saw an increase in their mean price compared to the previous quarter
- the turnover of properties was 10% lower than in Q2 2021 and 26% higher than in the previous quarter (Q1 2022)
- overall housing market activity, on a rolling four-quarter basis, was essentially unchanged compared with the previous quarter (Q1 2022) and 12% higher than in the corresponding quarter of 2021
- on a rolling four-quarter basis, advertised private sector rental prices were 2% higher during the year ending Q2 2022 compared with the year ending Q1 2022