12 October 2022
The registered unemployment report for the third quarter 2022 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 30 September 2022
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 130 higher than at the end of the previous quarter and 180 lower compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 810; this total is 190 higher than at the end of the previous quarter and 180 lower compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (490 individuals) than males (320 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 210; this total is 10 lower when compared with the previous quarter and 200 lower compared with a year earlier
- of the 810 people registered as ASW, 270 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 100 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW