12 January 2022
The registered unemployment report for the fourth quarter of 2021 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 31 December 2021
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 160 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 590 lower compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 810; this total is 180 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 590 lower compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (460 individuals) than males (350 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 320; this total is 90 lower when compared with the previous quarter and 70 lower compared with a year earlier
- of the 810 people registered as ASW, 290 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 140 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW