12 January 2023
The registered unemployment report for the fourth quarter 2022 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 31 December 2022:
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 130 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 140 lower compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 670; this total is 140 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 140 lower compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (390 individuals) than males (280 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 200; this total is 10 lower when compared with the previous quarter and 120 lower compared with a year earlier
- of the 670 people registered as ASW, 250 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 90 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW
Read the full report