12 July 2023
The registered unemployment report for the second quarter 2023 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 30 June 2023:
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 80 higher than at the end of the previous quarter and 20 lower compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 610; this total is essentially unchanged compared with the end of the previous quarter and 10 lower compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (330 individuals) than males (280 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 170; this total is essentially unchanged when compared with the previous quarter and 50 lower compared with a year earlier
- of the 610 people registered as ASW, 200 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 80 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW