If you feel you wish to object to an application, provide support, or simply draw the planning officers’ attention to certain details, you can do so by submitting comments through the on-line register.
Planning application register
If you would prefer to hand write your comments you can do so by printing a blank comments form and posting it to us.
Postal comments form
How long have I got to submit my comments?
You should submit your comments within 21 days of either the application being advertised in the Jersey Evening Post or the date on the site notice. We will consider comments received after the 21 days if the application has not already been determined.
- acknowledge receipt of your comments within 2 working days
- take your comments into account when assessing the application. Unfortunately we do not have the resources available to respond in writing to individual queries or to meet you in person
- send a copy of your comments to the applicant. We may make them available to others on request
- publish your comments to our on-line planning register
- write and tell you if the application is approved or rejected on the same day that we inform the applicant
- if the application is to be determined at a public meeting, we will let you know a minimum of 5 working days before the meeting. You are welcome to attend the meeting if you wish and you may be able to speak for up to 5 minutes if the Chair agrees
Note: You must provide us with your telephone number and / or an email address in order for us to contact you if the time or date of the public meeting changes at short notice.
Making comments on a planning application
What we consider when dealing with an application
We can only consider planning matters in dealing with an application, such as:
- planning policies
- impact on the character of the area
- the design and character of a proposed building
- potential for noise and disturbance
- potential for significant loss of light and overbearing impact
- potential for loss of privacy
- traffic generation and road safety
- car parking
We cannot take into account:
- loss of private views
- effects on property values
- personal disagreements
- boundary disputes, covenants or other private property restrictions
Comments that contain statements relating to enforcement or compliance matters or contain excessive personal information, or defamatory or libellous statements may be returned to you. This information can’t be considered when assessing the planning application and we can refuse to accept comments of this nature.