Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Reporting old explosives (mortars, bombs and shells)

If you come across something that you think may be an explosive device (a bomb, shell, mortar or marine flare for example):
  • do not touch it
  • leave the item where it is - even if it looks old and rusty, it may still contain explosives and is therefore potentially dangerous
  • call the States of Jersey Police on 612612 and give them clear information about the location of the suspect item

Describing the item and its location to the police

If you don't know the postal address, provide them with details of local landmarks. It would also be helpful if you could provide a description of the item, including any markings that may be on it. The police will make contact with the Explosives Ordnance Disposal Officer (bomb disposal officer), who will be able to take the necessary action.

Because the Channel Islands were occupied during the Second World War, it is not unusual for people to find various types of ammunition from that period on the beach or in the countryside.

Back to top
rating button