Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Foreign corporate bodies notification

Legal requirement to notify​ Revenue Jersey

With effect from 1 January 2020 there is a requirement to notify the Comptroller of Revenue ("the Comptroller") within 6 months where:

  • a company, which is incorporated outside of Jersey, becomes resident in the Island
  • a non-resident corporate body acquires a source of income in respect of which a liability to Jersey tax might arise. 

The purpose of the notification is to enable Revenue Jersey to set up a tax record for the corporate body and to allocate a tax identification number (TIN).

Persons who are required to make the notification

The person who is required to notify the Comptroller on behalf of the corporate body includes any of the following:

  • an individual who is the secretary of the corporate body or an officer in Jersey who has direction, control or management of the corporate body
  • a person providing trust company or fund services business to the corporate body
  • the corporate body's agent in Jersey.

How to make the notification

Complete the information on this form.

Foreign corporate body registration

Once you have completed the form you should post it to Revenue Jersey. Alternatively you can e-mail the completed form to with the subject title "Notification of corporate body". However, please be aware that e-mails are not a completely secure method of sending confidential information. 

Notification by tax agents

If the notification is submitted by you as an agent for the corporate body, then you should in addition provide an appropriate authority letter to enable Revenue Jersey to correspond directly with you in respect of the affairs of the corporate body.

Alongside the authority letter you must also provide the following written confirmation:

  • the name and position within the company of the signatory of the authority letter who has engaged you as agent
  • that you have documentary evidence to show that the signatory is authorised to direct the affairs of the company.

The requirement to notify the Comptroller is set out in Article 123AA of the Income Tax (Jersey) Law 1961.

Penalties for failure to notify

Failure to notify the Comptroller could result in a penalty of £3,000.

Back to top
rating button