Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Submission of accounts by shareholders (zero / ten tax system)

Should accounts be submitted with my personal tax return?

You must forward a copy of the company accounts if you a shareholder of a Jersey resident company and declaring any of the following income sources on your personal tax return;

  • cash dividends 
  • distributions 
  • a shareholder loan 
  • intermediary service vehicle (ISV)  

What if my company has two or more shareholders?

If there are two or more shareholders in the same company, then ideally one set of accounts and tax computation should be submitted by the 'principle' shareholder in the company.

If only one set of accounts is sent, then the names and tax references of all the Jersey resident shareholders must be included and clearly displayed.

It is up to you as a shareholder to make sure that the accounts have been submitted on your behalf.

The accounts have not been finalised by the personal tax return deadline 

If the company accounts are not available when you submit your personal income tax return, then you must enter your best estimate of the income from each relevant source. You must then forward the supporting documents as soon as they are signed off and available.

Back to top
rating button