Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Register as an employer

New businesses

If you're setting up a new business, you need to get a licence first by filling in the business licence form using the link below.

Setting up a new business

If you have employees, we'll contact you once your licence has been agreed. We will then set up a record so that you can send us your employees' tax information.

Existing businesses, limited companies and non-trading employers 

Registering as an employer with Revenue Jersey

If you start to have employees, Jersey resident directors or building sub-contractors you must tell us within 1 month. This includes non-resident employers employing people locally.

If you don't tell us within the required timescale, it's a criminal offence and you can be prosecuted and fined.

Deducting tax from employees and building sub-contractors

How to tell us​​

To register as an employer, write to Revenue Jersey with the following information or use the form below:​

  • name of the employer and company
  • payroll address
  • payroll contact name
  • number of employees and  office holders you have
  • payroll telephone number
  • payroll email (a general email that all the payroll staff can access is best) 
  • if you prefer to use our combined return online service or your own compatible payroll software

If you're ​a company, you should also tell us:

  • if you trade in Jersey
  • if you have a permanent establishment in Jersey

Register as an employer form

We may ask you for more information to check if you need to register for other taxes (eg GST).

Changing your registration details

Changes to the ITIS contact details should be sent to Revenue Jersey on headed paper, signed by an officer of the company, and include:

  • contact name
  • email address
  • telephone number
  • address for ITIS correspondence

It is recommended that a generic email address be used to ensure access is maintained to the Employer Returns website should the individual submitting the returns change or leave the employer. 

The email address associated with the Employers Return website can be changed within the account details on the website.

Online returns

Once you have a Jersey tax reference and a business reference you can register for online employer returns or you can use your own payroll system.

Employer returns online

Back to top
rating button